Top posting users this week

Top posting users this month

Affiliates
We have no affiliates.

New and Old (Open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New and Old (Open)

Post by Aeona on Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:13 pm

I flipped through the pages of a book I've already read. My hands slid across the cover; the familiar feel of the hard front, and the familiar scent of the paper and ink. I sighed, and gently set it down. I'm grateful to the librarian for allowing me to volunteer here whenever I want... It's the only place that makes me feel at home .

It was late, I could see by looking out the window behind my desk. It was going to be dark soon, and classes for the majority seem to be over. All of the passer-by students and those in need of a book were gone, and it was time for what the librarian called the "graveyard shift". I'll be her until eight P.M, then I have to leave to security can lock up. I stretched out, and patted the desk in front of me. "I guess I'll look for something new to read".
Aeona
Freshman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New and Old (Open)

Post by Tom Bluemann on Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:25 pm

I wander into the library. I needed a book that I could check out here. "Hello? Can someone help me find a book I'm looking for?"

Tom Bluemann
Freshman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeona on Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:28 pm

I blinked a few times, breaking my trance as I passed through the library's second floor. "O-oh... I c-". My voice was too soft, and whoever the other speaker was wouldn't hear me. I cleared my throat. "I can help!" I called out, sounding and feeling a little overt. I quickly swept towards the stairs, and made my way to the first floor.
Aeona
Freshman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Bluemann on Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:32 pm

"Hm?" I see a girl walk down the stairs, I felt a little weird. "Relax, she's just gonna help you find a book" I think to myself. "U-um...can you help me find a book about Atomic Structures?"

Tom Bluemann
Freshman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeona on Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:40 pm

"Oh, um" I took a moment to think. I had recognized that title somewhere, probably from stocking. I looked at the boy, and he was obviously a student. "Okay, follow me..." I voiced, still a little quiet. Speaking to strangers is part of the job... You need to stop being so shy, Aeona!

I led the student towards the Science and Theory section on the west wing, and slid my hand gently across the wooden frames as we passed through. I smiled just a little. I love this place. "Um... There's Atomic Forms one through five, Structures of the Atomic Matter, and... I think there's one copy left of the Atomic Formation textbook for the class". I told him, shyly.
Aeona
Freshman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Bluemann on Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:48 pm

"Just give me whatever you have, I'll return them in about a few days". I had something I needed to do, I heard rumors there was gonna be a test in Science class about this stuff, so I decided to have the advantage and study up on whatever I could on the subject. I then notice just how high some of these shelves are, almost a dizzying height it must be to even to try looking up there. I then wonder why this person is even here, there wasn't anyone else other than me and her in there, so why didn't she leave before I came? I discreetly ponder that question as I await to get handed the books.

Tom Bluemann
Freshman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeona on Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:01 pm

I brushed a hair out of my face, and felt slightly on the spot, having to pick out a student's book for them. I quickly scanned the details of each book, and picked one out. I knew this one would be best suited for a class. I propped myself up on my tippy-toes, and grabbed the book. I nearly stumbled, but got the book, and kept my footing without making myself look like a fool. I held the book to my chest for a few seconds, and made sure I grabbed the right one. I extended my arms to give it to him. "H-here...". I felt embarrassed to stutter on my own words, but the feeling of accomplishment I felt when helping someone did feel nice. Maybe is was the library, or maybe it was something else, but I did feel a little better being here. I gave the boy his book, and thanked him for his service, but I also felt a little funny considering I was the one who helped him. I moved around the book rack, and started walking back towards my desk. Hopefully, whenever the next time I have to help someone, I won't feel so nervous.
Aeona
Freshman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Bluemann on Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:49 pm

The person had almost dropped the books and herself while trying to get them. I watched in mild amusement as she did this. While she was getting the books I scanned the room. It was very old-looking, almost like it had been here for decades. it also had a web or two up in the top corners on this floor. I also scan the shelves, those too seemed quite old. I thought to myself: "Perhaps this academy has been around for longer than I thought...or maybe they just don't keep this place very tidy...". I then see her handing me the books, thanking me for my service. I decided not to give any remarks. "So...no one comes here much during this time of day I'm assuming?"

Tom Bluemann
Freshman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeona on Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:07 pm

I stopped, a little suddenly. I turned around, and walked back towards the student, finding ranged conversation to be rather rude... "Um, I don't get very many students around this time... The library isn't all that popular outside of school hours. I flatted my shirt, and creases causing annoyance, probably only because I was nervous, and a little embarrassed. "B-but we do have those occasional students, much like yourself, who... Are in need of something literary, you know like..." This was getting really bad. I kept my mouth closed after that, since I didn't really have much to say after that. I could feel the heat on my face. If I'm like this with every student, I won't be allowed in the library at all anymore...
Aeona
Freshman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Bluemann on Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:32 pm

This person apparently wasn't used to someone coming here during after-school hours. "And I thought I got awkward sometimes" I thought to myself. I then walk a bit closer, so we didn't have to shout in the library. "Like what? Atomic Structures? Seems a bit unlikely, I mean with popular ones like Hunger Games and whatnot". I felt strangely comfortable talking about books, maybe it was because I was a bit of a bookworm back in elementary school. If there was anything around to read, I was reading it. I then turn to leave. "Nice place here".

Tom Bluemann
Freshman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeona on Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:57 am

I gathered my thoughts as the initial nerves died down. Luckily, I was in the place I felt most comfortable, and tonight was one of the night I was able to stay late. As the student turned to leave, I looked across the room the my desk, then to the middle of the room. My eyes gazed a little around the view. "Yes... It is, isn't it?". This library was old in some spots, and more new in others where certain areas were restored to modern standards. It was a nice phase from the past, to the present, and the future. This was a nice library, and I enjoy being here. "I hope you enjoy your book, have a good night!".
Aeona
Freshman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Bluemann on Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:06 am

I turn my head a bit and to respond. It was getting late, and I needed to get back to my dorm before some of the people who liked being out at night to cause trouble came out from their dorms. I didn't want to mess with those guys. "Uh, thanks...I will". I then pick up the pace. My dorm was quite a distance from the library.

Tom Bluemann
Freshman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top